Frontera Barbacoa Slow Cook Sauce for Beef is an all natural slow cook sauce with roasted tomato and chipotle and no preservatives. Mild.
Barbacoa, chile-marinated, pit-roasted meat is beloved throughout Mexico for its rich, tender goodness. At home, this blend transforms beef chuck roast or brisket into beautiful barbacoa. No pit needed.
Low and Slow Brisket Barbacoa
- 1 boneless beef brisket, about 4 pounds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pouches (8 ounces each) Frontera Red Chile Barbacoa Slow Cook Sauce
- 1 large onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 4 thick slices bacon
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Warmtortillas for serving
2. Preheat oven to 300�. Heat oil in the bottom of a large Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid. Add brisket; cook, over medium-high heat, turning once, until nicely browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
3. Stir Barbacoa Sauce, 2 cups into water and sliced onion into pan. Heat liquid to a simmer. Remove from the heat. Nestle the brisket into the pan. Top the brisket with the bacon slices. Cover the pan tightly (use foil under the lid to ensure a tight seal). Cook in oven until fork tender, about 3 hours. (Recipe can be prepared to this point 2 days in advance; refrigerate covered and reheat gently before serving).
4. Remove brisket and bacon to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil. Boil pan juices with onions over medium-high until reduced to a thin sauce.
5. Slice brisket and bacon thinly across the grain. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with salt. Spoon the pan juices over all. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with warm tortillas.
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
Nutrition facts data not found for selected product.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The tryptophan in the product is naturally occurring.
This product may contain traces of nuts.
Excess consumption may cause a laxative effect.
Before beginning any program of weight loss, consult your health care practitioner. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
PHENYLKETONURICS: Contains Phenylalanine.
Keep all xylitol and xylitol containing food products out of reach of dogs. Even small amounts can be toxic to dogs. If you suspect your dog has eaten a xylitol-containing food, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
If you notice any errors in the information above, please let us know. If you have further questions about this product, please contact us
SmartPoints® values are calculated by Netrition, Inc. and are for informational purposes only. Netrition, Inc. is not affiliated in any way with Weight Watchers®. Weight Watchers® is the registered trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc. SmartPoints® is a trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc.
The nutrition facts listed above are supplied as a courtesy to our customers. The nutrition facts were current and accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time they were entered. Manufacturers often change formulas or ingredients without notifying us. We do our best to keep them as up to date as possible, however Netrition.com will not be held responsible for any differences between what is listed on our web site and what is listed on the product that you receive. If you need to be 100% certain of the ingredients currently being shipped, we recommend that you call or email our customer service department to check the shelf of current stock.