- 1/2 cup bottled spring water
- 1/2 cup warm Hood Calorie Countdown Dairy Beverage
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1/8 cup wheat protein isolate 8000
- 1 3/8 cup Carbalose
- 1 1/8 cup + 3/4 cup wheat protein isolate 5000
- 1/8 cup Resistant Wheat Starch
- 1 Tbsp. Dixie Carb Counters Thick It Up Low Carb Thickener
- 1/8 cup Splenda
- 2 Tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tsp. sugar
- 1 packet rapid rise yeast
- Your favorite Stromboli fillings
Combine all of the dry ingredients in a glass mixing bowl, except 3/4 cup wheat protein isolate 5000.
Then put the wet ingredients in an electric mixing bowl. With the paddle, mix the wet ingredients for about 1 minute on low. Then add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
Change the paddle for the dough hook and knead with the hook for 8 to 10 minutes adding the wheat protein isolate 5000 as needed until the dough pulls away from the sides of the mixing bowl and climbs up the hook.
Let dough rise, covered, in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
Removed dough from the refrigerator and divided it in half. Roll each half out to a 10" x 14" rectangle. Layered each dough with capicola, baked ham, hard salami, provolone, mozzarella, parmesan, grilled pepper, spinach, ricotta, and olives (or any combination of toppings you prefer).
Taking the long edge, roll each into a log, pinching and sealing the seam and ends. Cut diagonal slits on top to vent.
Brush the top of each stromboli log with an egg wash and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake both logs in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20 minutes until golden.