Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 2/3 cups + 2 tablespoons shortening (Crisco was used for this recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups Carbalose flour
- 1/2 cup LifeSource Foods Resistant Wheat Starch
- 4 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons cold water
Cut shortening into flour until the particles are like small peas. Sprinkle in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry is clinging to the side of the bowl. Roll out between 2 lightly dusted sheets of wax paper.
Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 6 - 8 cups zucchini, peeled, seeds removed, sliced
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons LifeSource Foods Wheat Protein Isolate
- 1 1/4 cup Splenda or your favorite low carb sweetener
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Dash of salt
Add zucchini to a large mixing bowl and toss with lemon juice and salt. In separate bowl, mix together wheat protein isolate flour, sweetener, and cinnamon. Then add to zucchini. It will be runny. Pour zucchini mixture into the unbaked pie crust and dot with some butter. Add top crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until golden brown.