Do you love coffee, but cannot handle the acid? Over 30% of the coffee-drinking public experiences upper gastrointestinal distress when drinking coffee. These symptoms can manifest as heartburn, acid reflux, indigestion, sour stomach, and GERD. The assumption has been that Ph level has much to do with these symptoms. This is misleading and in most cases, incorrect.
Alex’s Low-Acid Organic Coffee™ is now available in economy size! These five-pound bags contain more than 6 ½ times the coffee of our traditional 12oz bags and are perfect for the everyday java drinker—or for those who just like to share their beans.
Our 5lb Bag Whole Bean Variety Pack is designed for the at-home barista who loves the process of creating the perfect cup of coffee from bean to cup. It contains all of our whole bean blends in our economy-sized 5lb bags. The included items are:
- Alex's Low-Acid Organic Coffee™ - French Roast Whole Bean (5lbs)—Our iconic French Roast Coffee offers a special blend of three highly sought-after beans (50% Chiapas, 25% Nicaragua, 25% Honduras) and is mild, delicate, and balanced. It is perfectly roasted to a medium-leaning dark, almost French, Roast. It is dark enough to have a full body and chocolatey personality, but there is no burnt or bitter taste. Instead, the flavors in these beans are still detectable, and that is a great thing!
- Alex's Low-Acid Organic Coffee™ - Decaf Whole Bean (5lbs)—Our perfect Decaf Coffee contains 100% pure Chiapas coffee beans. Grown in southern Mexico, near the border with Guatemala, Chiapas coffee beans have the same characteristics as Guatemalan beans that you would expect from the volcanic soil and high altitude they grow in. They are mild and delicate, with slightly sweet notes of brown sugar and pear. They also have a nutty overtone.
- Alex's Low-Acid Organic Coffee™ - Rise and Shine Whole Bean (5lbs)—This blend offers a pleasant blend of Sumatran and Mexican Chiapas coffees that is sure to brighten your morning. Roasted Italian style, Rise & Shine offers a subtle caramel flavor with spicy notes of white pepper and vanilla bean resulting in a wonderfully balanced, smooth, and rich cup of coffee.
- Alex's Low-Acid Organic Coffee™ - Half Caff Whole Bean (5lbs)—Our harmonious Half Caff contains half the caffeine (about 50mg) of our regular coffees without sacrificing the richness and flavor coffee drinkers demand. When this rich, smooth, and earthy blend of coffee hits your taste buds, you’ll be greeted with hints of dark chocolate, plum, and manzanita honey. Perfect for a smooth-sipping, full-bodied coffee any time of the day.
There are dozens of different types of acids in coffee. Many of them are beneficial to flavor and are healthy. However, there is a specific acid in coffee that causes upper GI distress. Chlorogenic Acid, specifically CQA 3,4, and 5 has been definitively correlated with stomach problems. Chlorogenic Acids can occur naturally in coffee. Drum roasting can increase these levels significantly.
Over 98% of coffee roasters in this country roast coffee in a drum roaster. We don't. Instead, we've engineered, designed, and manufactured our own coffee roaster that uses patented convection technology to roast coffee. Instead of introducing coffee to a hot drum, we roast our coffee beans in a fluidized bed of hot air. Our coffees never come into contact with hot steel. Our coffees are gently roasted in a stream of the very hot air which results in the complete removal of Chlorogenic Acid. The results are a smooth, flavorful, easy-to-drink coffee that doesn't upset your stomach. Sip your coffee without the fear of heartburn!
Skeptical? Good. You should be. If you're one of the many that experience stomach problems with drinking coffee you've probably already researched the topic online and found lots of information, much of it contradictory. Our claims are based on the work of Dr. Taka Shibamoto, a Distinguished Professor of Environmental Toxicology at the UC Davis Coffee Center. Dr. Shibamoto has conducted studies on Chlorogenic Acid in coffees. These studies have determined that elevated levels of Chlorogenic Acid in coffee are major contributors to bitterness in coffee as well as upper GI distress.
Organically Certified by Organic Certifiers. Need more proof? Order a bag of Alex's Low-Acid Organic Coffee™. Try it for yourself. We've been contacted by hundreds of happy customers who report no stomach problems when drinking Alex's Low-Acid Organic Coffee™.
Do I need to avoid caffeine after bariatric surgery? According to the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), Caffeine fluids have been shown to be as good as any others for keeping you hydrated. Still, it is a good idea to avoid caffeine for at least the first thirty days after surgery while your stomach is extra sensitive. After that point, you can ask your surgeon or dietitian about resuming caffeine. Remember that caffeine often comes paired with sugary, high-calorie drinks, so be sure you’re making wise beverage choices.
We roasted these organic, fair trade beans to perfection using our hot air convection technique. Since these beans were never processed in hot steel drums, they have a lower acid content.
We suggest storing your coffee in an opaque glass, metal, or ceramic container and keeping it in a cool place. Coffee beans can lose moisture in the freezer and pick up flavors from the fridge or freezer.
Serving Per Container:
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
Nutrition facts data not found for selected product.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The tryptophan in the product is naturally occurring.
This product may contain traces of nuts.
Excess consumption may cause a laxative effect.
Before beginning any program of weight loss, consult your health care practitioner. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
PHENYLKETONURICS: Contains Phenylalanine.
Keep all xylitol and xylitol containing food products out of reach of dogs. Even small amounts can be toxic to dogs. If you suspect your dog has eaten a xylitol-containing food, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
If you notice any errors in the information above, please let us know. If you have further questions about this product, please contact us
SmartPoints® values are calculated by Netrition, Inc. and are for informational purposes only. Netrition, Inc. is not affiliated in any way with Weight Watchers®. Weight Watchers® is the registered trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc. SmartPoints® is a trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc.
The nutrition facts listed above are supplied as a courtesy to our customers. The nutrition facts were current and accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time they were entered. Manufacturers often change formulas or ingredients without notifying us. We do our best to keep them as up to date as possible, however Netrition.com will not be held responsible for any differences between what is listed on our web site and what is listed on the product that you receive. If you need to be 100% certain of the ingredients currently being shipped, we recommend that you call or email our customer service department to check the shelf of current stock.