Procedure Specific: Both the DS and SADI procedures bypass the areas of small intestine that are utilized in the absorption of several vitamins and minerals. Patients undergoing these procedures are at a higher risk of malabsorption issues such as metabolic disorders, diarrhea, vitamin or mineral deficiencies, and protein deficiency.
ProCare Health "1 per Day!" Bariatric Multivitamin Capsule - DS / SADI Highlights:
- Iron: A mineral that the body needs for growth and development. Your body uses Iron to make hemoglobin, a protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body, and myoglobin, a protein that provides oxygen to muscles. This vitamin contains 60mg of Iron, along with Vitamin C to enable better absorption.
- Thiamine: Helps the body generate energy from nutrients and is necessary for the growth, development, and function of cells. Contains 25mg of Thiamine, which is more than any other competitor! The higher amount is to aid in the prevention of any deficiencies.
- Fat-Soluble Vitamins (A, D, E, K): Both of these procedures make it harder for you to digest and absorb fat, including those from necessary vitamins. All the fat-soluble vitamins either meet or exceed the ASMBS recommendations and are in water-miscible form for better absorption.
- Vitamin B6: This is an important water-soluble vitamin which functions as co-enzymes in several metabolic pathways. We have included a slightly higher amount due to the absorption in the Jejunum.
- Zinc / Copper: Zinc and copper are trace minerals essential for energy production, immune support, and cellular functions. Higher levels of both of these nutrients are included to prevent deficiencies.
- Chromium: An essential trace metal that helps control your blood sugar and improves the use of insulin in your body. We have included a slightly higher amount to enhance insulin function and metabolism.
*Patients that have undergone adjustable band and similar surgeries should NOT be taking this vitamin*
ProCare Health has designed this product to meet all of the nutritional needs of the patient and also meets or exceeds the ASMBS micronutrient recommendations.
* Daily value not established
Other Ingredients: Cellulose (Vegetarian Capsule), Magnesium Stearate (Vegetarian), Microcrystalline Cellulose
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
Nutrition facts data not found for selected product.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The tryptophan in the product is naturally occurring.
This product may contain traces of nuts.
Excess consumption may cause a laxative effect.
Before beginning any program of weight loss, consult your health care practitioner. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
PHENYLKETONURICS: Contains Phenylalanine.
Keep all xylitol and xylitol containing food products out of reach of dogs. Even small amounts can be toxic to dogs. If you suspect your dog has eaten a xylitol-containing food, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
If you notice any errors in the information above, please let us know. If you have further questions about this product, please contact us
SmartPoints® values are calculated by Netrition, Inc. and are for informational purposes only. Netrition, Inc. is not affiliated in any way with Weight Watchers®. Weight Watchers® is the registered trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc. SmartPoints® is a trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc.
The nutrition facts listed above are supplied as a courtesy to our customers. The nutrition facts were current and accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time they were entered. Manufacturers often change formulas or ingredients without notifying us. We do our best to keep them as up to date as possible, however Netrition.com will not be held responsible for any differences between what is listed on our web site and what is listed on the product that you receive. If you need to be 100% certain of the ingredients currently being shipped, we recommend that you call or email our customer service department to check the shelf of current stock.