Cardiovascular disease continues to be the leading cause of mortality in the United States. One of the major risk factors for cardiovascular disease is elevated total and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. There are several categories of prescription drugs that are designed to help lower cholesterol; the most commonly prescribed being the Statin drugs. Statins are effective at lowering total and LDL cholesterol, but they are associated with significant side effects. Many individuals with elevated cholesterol have been able to improve their cardiovascular health through diet, exercise, and nutraceutical supplements. One of the nutraceuticals that have been shown in research studies to support normal LDL and total cholesterol levels is red yeast rice. Red yeast rice is the product of yeast (Monascus purpureus) grown on rice and is served as a dietary staple in some Asian countries. It contains several compounds that are collectively known as monacolins which support the mechanisms that can lead to improved cardiovascular health. It is also important to support healthy liver function when taking red yeast rice or a Statin. Therefore, Red Yeast Rice Plus is combined with CoQ10 as well as compounds N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) and standardized milk thistle for added liver support.
Red Yeast Rice Plus w/ CoQ10, NAC & Milk Thistle Vegetarian Capsules 120's by Netrition Features:
- 600mg of red yeast rice per serving.
- Carefully manufactured to avoid the presence of citrinin, a toxic by-product of the fermentation process.
- Includes 30mg CoQ10, 50mg NAC, and 25mg standardized Milk Thistle to help support healthy liver function.
- Easy to swallow vegetarian capsule.
Red Yeast Rice Plus w/ CoQ10, NAC & Milk Thistle Vegetarian Capsules 120's by Netrition Benefits:
- Red yeast rice has been shown in numerous studies to help support cardiovascular health.
Studies have shown that red yeast rice can significantly lower levels of total cholesterol and specifically LDL.
- Red yeast rice supports normal triglyceride, LDL, and total cholesterol levels.
- Cardiac (heart) cells, muscle, and cells of the liver have a significant amount of mitochondria and a very large energy requirement. CoQ10 is vital to the energy-producing processes that help maintain normal, healthy heart, muscle, and liver function.
- NAC serves as a source of cysteine required for the liver’s synthesis of glutathione, which is a powerful antioxidant and detoxing compound found in the liver. NAC has been shown in studies to help protect the liver from the effects of drug and/or alcohol toxicity.
- Milk thistle’s active ingredient silymarin is effective at protecting the liver from acute and chronic exposure to toxins. Milk thistle has been shown to protect hepatic cells and support overall healthy liver function and detoxification.
Contains: No sugar, salt, dairy, wheat, gluten, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) capsule, twice (2) daily with meals or as directed by a health care professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.
Red Yeast Rice Plus w/ CoQ10, NAC & Milk Thistle Vegetarian Capsules 120's by Netrition is proudly manufactured in a facility certified by the State of NJ Department of Health as cGMP (Certified for Good Manufacturing Practices.) Our facility has also been assessed by NSF International to be in compliance with GMP requirements in NSF/ANSI Standard 173, section 8 Dietary Supplements.
Serving Per Container:
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
Nutrition facts data not found for selected product.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The tryptophan in the product is naturally occurring.
This product may contain traces of nuts.
Excess consumption may cause a laxative effect.
Before beginning any program of weight loss, consult your health care practitioner. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
PHENYLKETONURICS: Contains Phenylalanine.
Keep all xylitol and xylitol containing food products out of reach of dogs. Even small amounts can be toxic to dogs. If you suspect your dog has eaten a xylitol-containing food, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
If you notice any errors in the information above, please let us know. If you have further questions about this product, please contact us
SmartPoints® values are calculated by Netrition, Inc. and are for informational purposes only. Netrition, Inc. is not affiliated in any way with Weight Watchers®. Weight Watchers® is the registered trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc. SmartPoints® is a trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc.
The nutrition facts listed above are supplied as a courtesy to our customers. The nutrition facts were current and accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time they were entered. Manufacturers often change formulas or ingredients without notifying us. We do our best to keep them as up to date as possible, however Netrition.com will not be held responsible for any differences between what is listed on our web site and what is listed on the product that you receive. If you need to be 100% certain of the ingredients currently being shipped, we recommend that you call or email our customer service department to check the shelf of current stock.