- 8 TBL wheat protein isolate
- 3 TBL resistant wheat starch
- 5 TBL Carbquik
- 5 TBL almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 2 TBL butter, softened
- 1 TBL Carb Counters Thick It Up Low Carb Thickener
- 3/4 cup Splenda (or your favorite low carb granulated sweetener)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts
Combine dry ingredients except Thickener and nuts in small mixing bowl and set aside.
In a mixer on low, mix together the wet ingredient with thickener until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Stir in chopped nuts.
On a parchment lined cookie sheet, form dough into a log 1 1/2" wide by about 14" long. Score the log on a diagonal about 1/2" apart the length of the log. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes until golden brown.
Remove log from oven and let cool. Reduce oven to 250 degrees. When log is cool, cut log through at the scoring marks and bake at 250 degrees for 15 minutes on each cut side.
Makes approximately 16 biscotti at about 1 carb each.