- Chicken Thighs, boneless, skinless (2 lb., 6 thighs)
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Low Carb Flour Mix or Tova Carbalose Flour or low carb flour of choice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Carb Counters Thick It Up Low Carb Thickener
- 1 teaspoon ground chicken seasoning
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon Agave Nectar or Sugar Free Honey
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Amino or Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Put coconut in a container large enough for dredging. In another container, combine flour, salt, thickener, and seasoning. In a mixing bowl, combine egg whites, agave nectar (or sugar free honey), and coconut amino (or soy sauce).
First coat chicken with flour mix. Then dip chicken in egg mixture. Next, dredge both sides of chicken in coconut. Place chicken thighs in an ungreased 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until instant read thermometer reads 170 degrees. If coconut starts to brown too much, loosely cover baking dish with foil.
6 servings, approximately 4 carbs each
These juicy chicken thighs are baked with sweet agave nectar and toasted coconut resulting in a unique and tasty chicken entrée with a bit of Polynesian flare.