- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 ounces onion, chopped (about 1/2 a small onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 2 ounces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Spray a 2-quart casserole with non-stick spray.
Brown the hamburger and onion (and fresh garlic, if using) in a large pot or Dutch oven; drain the fat. Stir in the spinach; mix until well combined; add the salt and pepper (and garlic powder, if using). Add the cubed cream cheese and stir until blended, mashing it into the meat to blend well. Stir in the Parmesan and cream; mix well. Pour into a casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until bubbly and browned.
Makes 6-8 servings. Can be frozen.