- 1/4 cup smoked sheep's milk cheese, finely grated
- 3/4 cup shredded 3 cheese blend
- 1 cup cooked turkey, cut into small dice
- 3 slices cooked bacon, snipped crosswise into small pieces
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 small serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease the bottom and sides of a 9" pie pan with a small pat of butter - you want to coat the pan but not smear thick chunks of butter in it.
Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with the 1/4 cup sheep's milk cheese (you could sub freshly-grated Parmesan or similar).
Mix together the turkey, green onion, serrano pepper, bacon, and 3/4 cup 3 cheese blend. Spread evenly over cheese in pan.
Mix together the eggs, cream/water, mayo, and seasonings. Pour evenly over ingredients already in the pie pan. Place on a cookie sheet and pop into the preheated oven. Set timer for 25 minutes and check for doneness.
Charski used a convection oven so hers was done at about 29 minutes. The original recipe called for 30 to 40 minutes in a regular oven. A knife inserted into the center should come out just clean. Remove from oven, tent loosely with foil and let stand 10 minutes before serving. It should make 6 to 8 servings, depending on whether it's a main course or a side dish or breakfast.