- 16 oz. Sour Cream
- 1/8 Cup Bob's Red Mill Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1 3/8 Cup Tova Carbalose Flour
- 1 1/4 Cup LifeSource Foods Wheat Protein Isolate 5000
- 1/8 Cup LifeSource Foods Resistant Wheat Starch 75
- 2 Tablespoons Dixie Carb Counters Thick It Up
- 2 Tablespoons Splenda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix it up with a fork. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the sour cream, in increments. Stir with a fork. Put a little flour on your surface, turn out the dough and lightly knead it. Pat the dough into a round shape and place on a greased baking sheet.
With a sharp knife, cut horizontally down the center of the loaf and then cut across vertically. This creates a "cross" design. Cut deeply, but not all the way through to the bottom. The deeper cuts help the dough to rise.
Bake approximately 35 minutes or until brown in color.
Note: Do not leave this bread out to rise. This bread rises during baking from the gases released from the chemical reaction of the baking soda.