- 1 egg
- 2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup butter, softened but not melted
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 38 drops EZ-Sweetz
- 30 drops Vanilla Stevia
- 1/2 cup Swerve, granular
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup LifeSource PolyD Fiber Polydextrose
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder (Jen used Designer Whey)
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten (optional)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 3oz. bars Lily's Dark Chocolate, chopped
Beat the wet ingredients together for several minutes with a mixer. Should be fluffy.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl (this is important because polydextrose can clump badly).
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until well incorporated, scraping down the sides several times. Stir in the chopped chocolate bars.
Roll dough into balls, or use a cookie scoop, and flatten slightly with the bottom of a measuring cup. Bake at 335 degrees for 7-8 minutes. Bottoms will be browned but the tops will not. If you have browning around the edges on top then they are over-baked and they are so much better when they are removed from the oven when you think they might not be quite done.
Allow to cool 5-10 minutes on the pan before removing with a spatula or they will fall apart. 64 net carbs for entire recipe.