- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup LifeSource Foods Wheat Protein Isolate 5000
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Splenda
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sweeten with liquid Splenda, to taste
In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a separate mixing bowl, beat eggs, and add liquid Splenda, oil and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Blend in the grated carrots and chopped pecans. Pour batter into a well greased 8" x 8" pan. Bake in 325 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla and liquid Splenda. Whisk until fluffy and spreadable.
When cake is cool, spread with cream cheese icing. 9 servings, 2 carbs per serving.