- 1/2 Carb Counters Low Carb White Cupcake and Frosting Mix
- 1/2 cup - egg whites (4 large or extra large egg whites)
- 1/3 cup - sour cream (regular or fat free)
- 1 frosting packet (included in the cake mix)
- 8 oz. - block of cream cheese (regular or fat free)
- 6 Tablespoons - unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup - unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon - coconut flavoring (optional) or 1/4 cup additional coconut flakes, ground.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9" x 13" baking pan with non-stick coating spray.
In medium size mixing bowl, prepare cake mix batter according to label directions, add the coconut flavoring or ground coconut and pour into baking pan instead of the cupcake tins and smooth out evenly. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
In small mixing bowl, add the frosting packet, softened cream cheese and butter. Mix with spoon until smooth and creamy.
Cut the chilled cake into 3 - 4" wide pieces . Place first cake piece onto serving plate or aluminum foil and lightly spread 1/2 cup frosting evenly over it, sprinkle 1/4 of the coconut flakes over frosting and repeat layers with other two pieces. Sprinkle remaining unsweetened coconut over cake. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Freezes well for up to one month. Makes 9 - 1" wide servings, 3 net carbs per serving.
Like extra sweet frosting? Stir additional low carb sweetener (equal to 1/2 cup sugar) into the frosting/cream cheese.