- 3 egg whites
- 1 Pack Carb Counters Mousse Mix, any flavor
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
Preheat oven to 325.
In medium size bowl, place 2 egg whites and whip on high for a couple minutes until soft shiny peaks form. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Mousse Mix over top of egg whites and blend in on low speed for a few seconds, just until mixed.
Place a piece of parchment paper on baking sheet (for easy cleanup) or use ungreased baking pan, and drop by spoonful 2' apart, forming 6 puffy mounds. Bake for 20 minutes until puffs are light golden brown. Remove, cool for 5 minutes and slice in half to fill. While baking, simply reuse the egg white bowl to make the filling.
To make filling, add remaining egg white to the bowl and whip for a minute or so, in bowl until soft peaks form. Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon Mousse Mix on egg white and on low, blend in just till mixed. Set aside.
In another medium sized bowl, place whip cream and beat on high for a minute or two, until cream is whipped to soft peaks. Sprinkle in the remainder of the Mousse Mix and beat on low just until blended in. Add egg white to whipped cream. Gently stir together and chill.
Fill each of the 6 puff halves with a heaping tablespoon of filling, replace tops and chill. To freeze, wrap each puff individually in plastic wrap and place upright in freezer container. Less than 1 net carb per cream puff, just 54 calories.
- Drizzle low carb chocolate over top
- For "custard" type fillings, use Carb Counters Whip It Up
- Add sliced strawberries to vanilla filled puffs
- Add red raspberries (fresh or frozen) to vanilla/chocolate or raspberry Mousse filled puffs
- Add unsweetened coconut flakes and/or coconut flavoring to vanilla or chocolate puffs
- Add sliced almonds to any flavor version puffs
- For almond puffs, add sliced almonds and almond flavoring to vanilla puffs
- For lemon cream puffs, add lemon flavoring/lemon juice to vanilla puffs