- 1 1/2 cups Zucchini, unpeeled, shredded, drained, and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1/3 cup Erythritol, granular
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Carb Counters Thick It Up Low Carb Thickener
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup LifeSource Foods Wheat Protein Isolate 5000
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
In a bowl, beat eggs, Splenda, Erythritol, Thick It Up, and coconut oil until creamy. Add zucchini. In another bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside 1/2 cup flour mixture and add the rest to the creamed mixture. Add vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add the remaining 1/2 cup flour to coconut and nuts and stir to coat. Then add to mixture and combine thoroughly. Pour into a greased 9 x 5 glass loaf pan and bake in a 325 degree preheated oven for 60 minutes or until done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing and cutting into slices.
Variation: Make crunchy "fingers" by cutting cooled loaf into smaller slices. Place fingers on cookie sheet and bake at 275 degrees, turning every 15 minutes, until fingers have a nice crunch.
Entire loaf is approximately 24 carbs.