- 1 fresh head cauliflower
- Approximately 30 - 40 fresh green beans
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 12 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (add more, if desired)
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 5 or 6 slices of cooked bacon, chopped up
- Zucchini, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut up cauliflower and green beans, and microwave in a microwave-safe bowl with a tablespoon of water for 8 minutes to partially cook them. Season with salt and pepper. In a greased large casserole dish, combine cauliflower, green beans, green onions, butter, bacon and cheddar cheese (add zucchini, if using). Pour cream over top and place dish in oven. If casserole dish is very full, put a cookie sheet under it to prevent bubble over in oven.
Bake 40 - 50 minutes until bubbly hot.