- 1/3 cups + 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup Tova Carbalose Flour
- 1/4 cup LifeSource Foods Resistant Wheat Starch
- 2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cold water
Cut shortening into flour until the particles are like small peas. Sprinkle in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry is clinging to the side of the bowl. Roll out between 2 lightly dusted sheets of wax paper. Invert into a 9 inch pie plate and press into place. Prick crust all over with a fork and set aside.
- 1 Delicata Squash, peeled, seeds removed, cubed (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 lb. sweet Italian turkey sausage, ground
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 12 oz. blend of shredded Italian cheeses
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium-high large non-stick skillet, sauté sausage, squash and butter until sausage is browned and squash is fork tender. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, asiago cheese, salt, pepper and mix thoroughly. Scoop mixture into the unbaked pie crust and top with blended cheeses. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until crust and cheeses are golden brown.
8 servings, approximately 6 carbs each.