Ginkgo biloba is native to China. It’s a tree that’s also known as the maidenhair tree. Parts of it are edible, but the better known use of ginkgo is as a dietary supplement. It has been used for centuries, and you might want to try it yourself.
Benefits of Ginkgo Biloba*
- Helps stabilize mood. People have taken ginkgo to reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. Ginkgo is known as an adaptogen. That means it helps your body fight stress and meet challenges. This boost may help stabilize mood. Be sure to talk to your healthcare provider if you have any mental health issues.
- Reduces symptoms of fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that can lead to challenging symptoms such as overwhelming fatigue and unexplained nerve pain. Ginkgo biloba could increase energy and reduce the perception of pain due to its status as an adaptogen.
- Improves memory. Ginkgo biloba has been taken to improve memory and cognitive function. Because of this benefit, it’s conceivable that ginkgo could help reduce cognitive decline. Cognitive impairment and Alzheimer’s disease can happen during the aging process.
- Increases libido. Ginkgo biloba has been used to increase sex drive, including among men with erectile dysfunction. It can be taken for increasing blood flow. It also may boost serotonin, which could lead to increased sex drive and pleasure.
- Reduces symptoms of PMS. Do you wish you could find a way to reduce symptoms around that time of the month? Headaches, mood swings, and cramps are no fun. Maybe you can be encouraged by a study that found participants who took ginkgo had more mild PMS symptoms.
- Supports eye health. Gingko biloba is an antioxidant. That means it can help protect cells in your body against damage from oxidative reactions triggered by free radicals. What does that have to do with eye health? Quite a bit, actually. Your eyes can be affected by oxidation, which can increase the risk of conditions such as cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
Ginkgo Biloba Supplements
Think gingko biloba may be for you? It’s easy to get it! These are some of the ginkgo biloba supplements available at Netrition. Be sure to talk to your doctor about it before taking any dietary supplement.
- NOW Ginkgo Supplements has ginkgo powder and ginkgo extract. Each bottle has 60 capsules.
- Doctor’s Best Extra Strength Ginkgo is gluten-free, soy-free, and vegan. Each bottle has 120 capsules.
- NOW Antioxidant Blend includes ginkgo along with many other antioxidants and phytonutrients, such as green tea extract, quercetin, and rosemary. It has 120 capsules in the bottle.
*The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. Netrition products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone with a medical condition should seek the advice of a licensed medical practitioner. Individual results may vary.