Does your keto diet allow pasta? If you don’t think it does, it’s time to revisit your diet plan. You can definitely have pasta on a keto diet! There are all sorts of keto-friendly pasta options at Netrition. They’re easy to make and you can use them in your favorite pasta recipes. Here’s what to know about pasta and a keto diet.
Regular Pasta and a Low-Carb Keto Diet
A keto diet is very low in carbs. You might have a limit of 20 or 30 grams per day. In comparison, a cup of cooked spaghetti or other pasta has 40 grams of carb. That means it doesn’t fit well into your diet! Luckily, you don’t have to say goodbye forever to lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, fettuccine alfredo, and other favorite pasta dishes. Just choose keto-friendly alternatives to wheat-based pasta.
Pasta on a Keto Diet
These are some of the low-carb pasta choices you can get at Netrition.
- Hearts of Palm, such as Natural Heavens Hearts of Palm with 25 calories and 2 grams of carbohydrates.
For most of these options, preparation is almost the same as for regular pasta. You just cook them in boiling water until nearly al dente. Kelp noodles, hearts of palm, and shirataki noodles don’t even need to be cooked. You can just drain and rinse them, and use them in your favorite recipe.
What to Put on Low Carb Pasta
Once you have your low-carb or keto pasta, you’ll have to figure out what to put on it. There’s no purpose in choosing a keto pasta if you’re going to smother it with a sugary tomato sauce, for example! These are some ideas for using your low-carb pasta.
- Using a no sugar added pasta sauce, such as Organico Bello Marinara or Tomato Basil, and adding chicken or turkey meatballs.
- Tossing it with olive oil, basil, broccoli florets, and cooked shrimp.
- Making pasta salad with chopped vegetables, feta or hard cheese, and a vinaigrette with herbs, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Tossing it in a wok with vegetables, soy sauce, ginger, scallions, and chopped chicken.
- Making a keto-friendly alfredo sauce and adding chicken and vegetables.
The possibilities for keto pasta and toppings are endless, and one is more delicious than the next.
A keto diet can be way easier when you are allowed to have pasta on it. That way, you don’t have to feel deprived. From shirataki noodles and hearts of palm to soy or bean-based protein pasta, you have tons of options that can taste great and be easy to prepare. With Netrition, losing weight can be easier.