We hear a lot about the dangers of sodium, so what should you think about high-sodium supplements? It turns out that there are times when sodium is a good thing. Heavy sweaters may need extra salt and other electrolytes at times to balance what they lose in sweat. Here is how high-sodium electrolyte supplements can help heavy sweaters, and which Netrition Electrolyte Supplements can help.
Who Might Be a Heavy Sweater?
How do you know if you’re a heavy sweater? These are some people who might be.
- You notice that you always seem to sweat before or more than other people who are doing similar workouts as you.
- You work out a lot in indoors or warm conditions.
- You get thirsty during or after workouts, or even have fuzzy thinking.
Remember, though some people are more prone to heavy sweating than others, certain conditions can make you sweat more. So, even if you are not a heavy sweater when you walk outdoors in the winter, you might sweat heavily walking on a treadmill indoors, or when hiking in the summertime.
A way to tell if you sweated a lot during your workout is to weigh yourself before and after. The weight you lose during the workout is not from fat. It is from water. It is a good idea to replace the weight that you lose during a workout with electrolyte solutions to replenish your body with lost fluids and electrolytes.
Losing Electrolytes in Sweat
Electrolytes are minerals that are in your body, including in your cells, your blood, and the fluid between cells. Electrolytes include sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Having the right amounts of electrolytes in the right places in your body is necessary for normal function, such as muscle contraction, heart pumping, and thinking.
When you sweat, you lose fluid and electrolytes. A bit of sweating is no big deal. You can just drink water to replace fluid losses, and you’ll replace electrolytes naturally when you eat a meal or snack. But heavy sweating can lead to the need for electrolyte supplementation to replace electrolytes more quickly.
Best Supplements for Heavy Sweaters
Electrolyte supplements can help you put these goals into practice. Netrition has a variety of great-tasting, easy-to-use supplements. These are some of them.
- Nuun Sport Hydration comes in Citrus Fruit, Fruit Punch, Lemon Lime, Orange, Strawberry Lemonade, and Tri-Berry flavors. Drop a tablet into water for an electrolyte boost.
- Super C Low-Calorie Vitamin Mineral Drink Mix with B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin C. It comes in convenient packets with Orange flavor.
- Stur Stevia Sweetened Hydration Plus with vitamin C, B vitamins, and sodium. It comes in Fruit Punch and Lemon Lime flavors. Just mix a stick into water and drink it as needed.
These are all sugar-free and low-calorie, so you don’t need to worry about weight gain from supplementing your electrolytes. Just focus on your workouts!
Stay safe, improve performance, and feel better when you keep your fluid and electrolytes up. Heavy sweaters especially need to be careful about their levels. Netrition has great-tasting, easy-to-use, electrolyte supplements to help you before, during, and after workouts.