Protein is an essential nutrient, but what happens if you’re on a plant-based diet? It can be challenging to meet your protein needs, since many of the most popular protein sources are animal-based. Eggs, chicken, cottage cheese, and tuna are just a few examples.
But don’t despair! It’s easy to get more plant-based protein when you shop at Netrition. Our Plant-Based Protein Powders are 100% vegan and free from dairy and egg products. Many of them are gluten-free as well, and you can find unflavored and delicious flavored powders. Here are five of our most popular Plant-Based Protein Powders.
A plant-based diet can have the following benefits.
- Cholesterol-free, since only animal-based foods contain cholesterol
- More satisfying, since plant-based foods contain dietary fiber, while animal-based foods do not
- Better for the heart, if you choose healthy plant-based fats, since animal fats such as from meat and butter are highly saturated
Plus, it’s better for the environment to go vegan! You can get enough protein by being careful about your choices. Whenever you’re in doubt or need something quick or convenient, you can always opt for a Plant-Based Protein Powder from Netrition.
Genepro Unflavored Plant Protein is the basic option for an unflavored plant protein option. It is completely free from carbs, sugar, and fat, and each serving has only 40 calories. There are 11 grams of protein from 100% pea protein, and it includes each of the essential amino acids.
You can use this sustainably produced protein in a variety of foods. You can add it to shakes and smoothies, or mix it into oatmeal, soup, or even vegetables to boost your protein intake. Every tub of Genepro Unflavored Plant Protein has 30 servings.
Only What You Need OWYN 20 gram Plant-Based Protein really does have only what you need. There is no gluten, dairy, or soy in this blend, and it is 100% vegan. It includes branch chain amino acids (BCAA), and each serving has 20 grams of protein, 7 grams of net carbs, and 140 calories.
This protein blend includes the following.
- Pea, pumpkin, and chia protein
- Superfoods and Greens blend with spinach, kale, and broccoli
- Seaweed, which is a nutrient-dense source of minerals
- Flaxseed, which is a source of omega-3 fatty acids
- A type of probiotic known as Bacillus coagulans. Probiotics are healthy gut bacteria
OWYN Plant-Based Protein comes in Dark Chocolate. Made with real cocoa, it has a rich flavor that can satisfy cravings as it nourishes. It also comes in Smooth Vanilla, which tastes smooth and irresistible. Both are sweetened with monk fruit.
Each tub comes with 14 servings. You can add them to water or your favorite beverage.
Sun Warrior Blend Pea Protein is a low-carb protein powder with additional components. It’s high in protein, with 17 grams per scoop, and it is sugar-free. To further support your low-carb or keto-diet, it includes medium chain triglyceride oil (MCT oil). It can easily fit into your low-calorie or low-carb diet, since it has only 100 calories and 2 grams of net carbs per serving.
There are two delicious flavors to try. Chocolate includes Dutch cocoa, which is less bitter than regular cocoa, and gives a rich taste. Vanilla has a classic taste that you can rely on. It is sweetened with stevia and each tub has 30 scoops.
BariatricPal has another Plant-Based Protein Powder powered by superfood. BariatricPal Vegan Plant Protein Powder is a delicious, chocolatey drink that is completely free from gluten, soy, and artificial flavors and colors. It has 21 grams of protein and 140 calories, and is low in carbs and fat.
This protein powder has the following.
- Protein from peas, cranberry, chia, and sancha inchi, which are a source of omega-3 fats
- 28% of the daily value for iron
- Branch chain amino acids, or BCAAs, which muscles can use for fuel
- All of the essential amino acids
- Enzymes such as bromelain and alpha-galactosidase to support healthy digestion
Each tub has 15 servings. You can enjoy a serving every day by mixing a scoop into 9 to 12 ounces of water or another favorite beverage, mixing well, and serving.
Did you know that a plant-based shake can have enough nutrients to serve as a meal replacement? BariatricPal Balanced Meal Replacement Complete Nutrition Shake has 20 essential vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, antioxidant vitamins A and C, iron, vitamin D, and chromium. Plus, it has 5 grams of fiber, which is a nutrient that helps reduce blood sugar spikes so hunger stays away for longer.
Each serving of this shake has 22 grams of protein and only 3 grams of net carbs. With 150 calories, it can be a meal or snack, as you need. BariatricPal Vanilla Organic Plant-Based Meal Replacement has the following.
- Protein from peas, cranberry, hemp, and sancha inchi
- Amaranth and quinoa sprouts
- A digestive enzyme blend with protease, amylase, cellulase, papain, and lipase.
- Lactospore® Probiotic features 500 million viable cells of highly-stable Bacillus coagulant
It is hypoallergenic, and it is free from dairy, soy, and gluten. Since it is organic, you can be sure it is free from all kinds of synthetic chemicals.
The delicious vanilla taste can be welcome at any time of the day. To enjoy, just mix a scoop of powder into 9 to 12 ounces of chilled water in a blender bottle. Shake and serve.
You can get enough protein on a plant-based diet, and Plant-Based Protein Powders can help. Netrition has low-carb, nutrient-rich varieties in unsweetened and flavored options, and they are suitable for other special diets such as gluten-free and soy-free. Look through our options and see how easy it can be to get your protein!