- 1 egg
- 2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup butter, softened but not melted
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 40 drops EZ-Sweetz
- 40 drops Lemon Stevia
- 2/3 cup Swerve, granular
- Juice and zest of 1 extra large Lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp LorAnn Lemon Emulsion
- 1/2 cup LifeSource PolyD Fiber Polydextrose
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 TBL coconut flour
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder (Jen used Designer Whey)
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten (optional)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp citric acid
Beat the wet ingredients together for several minutes with a mixer.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl (this is important because polydextrose can clump badly).
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until well incorporated, scraping down the sides several times.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls and put on an ungreased cookie sheet. No need to flatten. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or so. Edges will be only slightly browned.
Approximately 60 net carbs for entire recipe.
These cookies are not overly sweet so they would also be good frosted once they are chilled to firm up.