Good news seems scarce these days, but Netrition has some for you today: low-carb pasta options are easy to come by! No matter what dish you are preparing or what your dietary restrictions are, you can find pasta that’s low enough in carbs to meet your needs.
Not only is there low-carb pasta for any carb limit, but there is a wide range of choices. Low-Carb Pasta options at Netrition include different shapes, different levels of protein and fiber, and different ingredients that can help you stick to special diets such as paleo, gluten-free, and vegan or plant-based. These are some Low-Carb Pasta options to consider.
Low-Carb Pasta Ingredients
The ingredients are key to determining how many carbs a type of pasta has. That’s why regular pasta has so many carbs: it’s made with wheat. These are some of the ingredients used in low-carb pasta options at Netrition.
- Shirataki or konjac root. These pastas tend to be very low in calories and have almost no net carbs.
- Soybeans, edamame, black beans, mung beans, and chickpeas. Bean-based pasta tends to be high in fiber and protein.
- Ingredients such as soy protein concentrate and gluten to add protein and fiber.
- Hearts of palm. This is low in calories and net carbs and has fiber.
- Kelp. Kelp noodles are high in minerals and low in calories and carbs.
You can find these pastas in shapes from spaghetti, fettuccine, and angel hair pasta to penne, rotini, fusilli, and elbows. We even have lentil-based lasagna noodles.
Preparing Low-Carb Pasta
Some types of low-carb pasta are cooked similarly to regular pasta. That is, you put them in boiling water and boil them until they are soft or al dente. Just read the package instructions to see how long to cook them for.
Shirataki, hearts of palm and kelp noodles don’t need to be cooked. You can just drain them and use them, or rinse them first if you prefer.
Then, you can prepare your pasta dish as you want. Any of these can be keto-friendly if you use low-carb pasta.
- Pasta salads and cold noodle dishes.
- Soup with noodles or pasta.
- Pasta with sauce.
- Pasta casseroles.
Low-Carb Pasta Sauce
When planning your pasta meal, don’t forget to think about sauce. Some kinds of pasta sauce are high in sugar and not ideal for a low-carb diet. Netrition has low-carb options. For example, Organico Bello No Sugar Added Organic Sauces come in Kale Tomato Basil, Spicy Marinara, Marinara, and Tomato Basil. Walden Farms has calorie and carb-free Pasta Sauce. You can also use keto-friendly options such as olive oil with basil and garlic, or homemade Alfredo sauce with cream and parmesan cheese.
Instant and Ready to Heat Low-Carb Pasta
It’s okay if you don’t have time to cook. Netrition has low-carb options that can give you a low-carb pasta meal. For most, you just need to heat them or stir them into water and then heat them. These are some examples.
- Miracle Noodle Shirataki Ready to Eat Meal in flavors such as Green Curry, Japanese Curry Noodles, Pad Thai, Vegan Pho, and Spaghetti Marinara.
- Fiber Gourmet Light Macaroni and Cheese.
- BariatricPal Protein Pasta Entrees in choices such as Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo, Nacho Cheese Pasta, and Chicken Pasta Tomato Parmesan.
- BariatricPal Beef with Pasta Protein Soup.
They are ready in minutes and are absolutely delicious.
Low-Carb Pasta is actually easy to come by and use, so there’s no need to feel deprived. You can stick to your keto diet and have pasta, too!