Proper nutrition is critical at any point in life, but even more important when losing weight, and of the utmost importance after gastric band bariatric surgery. Essential vitamins and minerals allow for proper metabolism and energy and let your body perform basic functions. In addition, staying nourished after gastric band surgery helps speed healing and recovery while setting the stage for faster and easier weight loss later.
The trouble is, most bariatric surgery and obese patients are deficient in one or more vitamins or minerals. It is hard to get enough from typical foods, and even harder on a restrictive weight loss diet. Gastric band patients also experience a reduction in nutrient absorption.
These are some important nutrients that are often deficient in gastric band patients.
- B vitamins for normal metabolism and energy.
- Iron for normal energy, healthy red blood cells, and immune function.
- Calcium for strong bones and muscle function.
- Zinc for a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin C for antioxidant activity and immunity
- Vitamin D for strong bones and immune function.
How will you get all these nutrients when you are on a limited liquid or soft foods diet? The BariatricPal Gastric Band Vitamin Pack has them all, and more. It is designed to help you get what you need. All it takes is a few vitamins and minerals each day, and you can be confident that you are doing the best you can for your body.
The Gastric Band Complete Bariatric Vitamin Pack by BariatricPal has:
- Pleasant flavors.
- Calcium with vitamin D to promote bone health.
- Probiotics to support a healthy gut.
- A full range of 22 vitamins and minerals.
- 100% of the daily value for over 20 vitamins and minerals.
- Nutritional content to meet or exceed ASMBS guidelines for bariatric surgery patients.
- Calcium separates from iron to promote absorption of both, as recommended by ASMBS.
- BariatricPal Sugar-Free Calcium Citrate Soft Chews 500mg with Probiotics is OU Kosher (click to verify)
The Gastric Band Complete Bariatric Vitamin Pack by BariatricPal includes:
- BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE
- A choice of BariatricPal Calcium French Vanilla Caramel Probiotic Soft Chews or BariatricPal Calcium Citrate Soft Chews with Probiotics - Strawberry Watermelon Twist or BariatricPal Sugar-Free Calcium Citrate Soft Chews with Probiotics - Belgian Chocolate Caramel or BariatricPal Sugar-Free Calcium Citrate Soft Chews with Probiotics - Wild Grape or BariatricPal Sugar-Free Calcium Citrate Soft Chews 500mg with Probiotics - Caramel Apple or BariatricPal Sugar-Free Calcium Citrate Soft Chews 500mg with Probiotics - Chocolate Mint or BariatricPal Sugar-Free Calcium Citrate Soft Chews 500mg with Probiotics - Orange Creamsicle or BariatricPal Sugar-Free Calcium Citrate Soft Chews 500mg with Probiotics - Piña Colada
Gastric Band Complete Bariatric Vitamin Pack by BariatricPal is also available in capsules.
Serving Per Container:
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
Nutrition facts data not found for selected product.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The tryptophan in the product is naturally occurring.
This product may contain traces of nuts.
Excess consumption may cause a laxative effect.
Before beginning any program of weight loss, consult your health care practitioner. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
PHENYLKETONURICS: Contains Phenylalanine.
Keep all xylitol and xylitol containing food products out of reach of dogs. Even small amounts can be toxic to dogs. If you suspect your dog has eaten a xylitol-containing food, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
If you notice any errors in the information above, please let us know. If you have further questions about this product, please contact us
SmartPoints® values are calculated by Netrition, Inc. and are for informational purposes only. Netrition, Inc. is not affiliated in any way with Weight Watchers®. Weight Watchers® is the registered trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc. SmartPoints® is a trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc.
The nutrition facts listed above are supplied as a courtesy to our customers. The nutrition facts were current and accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time they were entered. Manufacturers often change formulas or ingredients without notifying us. We do our best to keep them as up to date as possible, however Netrition.com will not be held responsible for any differences between what is listed on our web site and what is listed on the product that you receive. If you need to be 100% certain of the ingredients currently being shipped, we recommend that you call or email our customer service department to check the shelf of current stock.